Night Owl Cafe
Sign in for your full experience!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Night Owl Cafe
Sign in for your full experience!
Night Owl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left Behind [4/4]

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Left Behind [4/4] Empty Left Behind [4/4]

Post by Fiction Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Left for dead. That’s what they were. They all were. No one had expected them to survive – because hardly anyone had. When the first appearance of the virus came people felt the need the fight, felt like it was their duty to save humanity. There were safe houses set up, military checkpoints to pass through, and camaraderie left and right. For the first time in decades it people were looking past themselves and trying to help others. When the virus first appeared there was still hope. Hope that this could be defeated and life would be better for it.

That was a year ago.

Now it was every man for himself – because lets face it, you could go weeks on end without seeing a single soul – dead or alive. The virus had spread like wildfire. There was no military tactic strong enough to fight it off. There was no antidote that cured the need to feed. And there was no dulling the guilt and heartache you felt when you had to kill yet another person you once held dear. Once people started to realize there was no way out people started giving up. Camaraderie was out the window. The military stopped sending radio signals to report the closest safe houses. The news stopped giving updates about how far the virus had spread because no one wanted to hear that it had basically covered the globe in a matter of months.

The only hope now lied in rumors. In the small group, maybe six or seven people that you’d decided were worthy of your trust. Because very few survived alone. Your hope came from the small camp you’d pass by on your own journey that tells you of a lasting safe house just over the mountains or through the hottest desert. At first you and your group go searching for these places, but after three or four times of your hopes being destroyed by yet another camp in ruins you become more calloused. You start doubting the rumors. But then what else is there? You’re just nomads traveling just because you know if you stop you’ll lose hope completely.

In your darkest moments you begin to believe the ones who contracted the virus are the lucky ones. They no longer feel despair or fear. They simply feel hunger, which you already feel anyway. But then you run into a pack of them – slaughter them one by one and pray no one in your camp was injured in the process. And you realize they aren’t any better off than you. In fact, they’re just as lost, but without the brains to do anything about it. So you keep fighting. You keep going.

Because being left behind doesn’t mean there’s no hope in catching up

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Setting:America present time, starts off in a camp in the middle of the woods on the east coast.
Characters needed: 4 to 6
Can you double?:Yes

Character sheet::
Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:

Name::Claire Turner
Favored weapon: A dark purple hilted katana sword
Personality:Strong-willed/temperamental/trust-issues/easily irritated/caring/protective/can have leader qualities/fighter/
Bio::When the virus had made it to her small town she was only a sophomore in college. She quickly lost her younger sister and both her parents to a horde of those 'Zombies' . Not long after that she quickly learned how to use a sword and she grew to very masterful with the her weapon.After so long she was able to fight and escape from zombies rather well it was a career she thought she never would be good at. She traveled across two states before she found her first group of people and that for her wasn't a fond memory being as most of them were men. After she had escaped that group she traveled alone till she found a group she was willing to protect.
Appearance:
Left Behind [4/4] Women-cosplay-jungle-tomb-raider-32756

Name:Jason Swift
Favored weapon:Two 9mm pistol guns.
personality:Loner/protective and caring over the ones he loves/blunt
Bio:Jason remembers the exact moment when the virus had made it to his neighborhood. He was eating dinner with his fiance and his 3 year old son when his neighbor ran into the house and lunged at his fiancee and tore her face off. Not long after that he had to kill his son and her. Ever since then he had traveled alone not wanting to feel the pain of killing someone he loved.
Appearance:
Left Behind [4/4] Jonathan_rhys_meyers_portrait_a_p-262x350

Last edited by Fiction on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fiction
Fiction

http://pastthemoonbeyondthe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Left Behind [4/4] Empty Re: Left Behind [4/4]

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Name:Emily Rose Dickons
Favored weapon:Daggers
Personality: Caring/ Loving/ Dedicated/ High Strung
Bio: She was a medical intern in surgery. Then the virus happened. It took her whole family. Except her older brother. But 6 months after they started trying to find a safe place to live he got bitten. After she killed off the 'Zombies' around them she got down on her knees next to her brother. His throat had been ripped out. To save him from waking up a 'zombie' she stabbed him in his heart. Then moved on. Still trying to find somewhere safe to live.
Appearance:Left Behind [4/4] Mila
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:05 am

Character sheet::
Name: Trinity Alexxis Rambleton
Favored weapon: 1 dagger that is the deepest black and has a bright blue blade edge and a deep black blade with a blood red edge.
Personality: Trinity cares for the people in her group because they are the only people that she knows are alive. They must keep each other alive, because as far as they know they are the only ones that are still alive. She has a bubbly personality but after having to kill her son and her fiance, she has turned darker than she used to be.
Bio:
Appearance:Left Behind [4/4] 1302039754_2951_full
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:08 am

Character sheet:
Name: Aspen Brown
Favoured weapon: AK47 (stollen from the military), star throwers, and the t'ai fighter
Personality: Scared, strong, independent, lonely, loving, caring, protective
Bio: I remember it clearly, when we got word that the virus was taking lives. My family didn't trust the military camps, so we built an awesome tree house, with quick retract ladders. We lived up there until one by one my family didn't come back from supply runs. It broke my heart! But I sit, waiting, praying for an end to this nightmare. I feel like the only one around now. A sitting duck. Almost as if I would be better off if I just died now, before they get me. But for now I have more then enough food, clothing and ammo to keep me going, at least until I decide what to do.
Appearance:
Left Behind [4/4] Sexy_z10
Left Behind [4/4] Cool-t10
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

https://nightowlcafe.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:22 pm

Two of us sbould double as guys. Unless Fiction wants it this way.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:14 pm

[Kressie is going to do a guy char]
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:16 pm

[Thanks to all of you!. I'll double as a guy that way there is at least one, if you guys wish to you can but you don't really have to. Smile]
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:59 pm

(Okay. So when will we start?)
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Name: Chase MacIntyre
Favored Weapons: Sawed-off shotgun and a longer blade that he wears in a holster on his leg. The knife is blood red and has a dark black blade edge

Chase was out on vacation when all this stuff went down. He tried to get a hold of anybody back home, but he couldn't... He saw the news, he heard the news and now he was witnessing it first hand. But he doesn't know if his fiance, their daughter or any of his family is still alive. He figures he will just have to start over, if anybody survives this nightmare

Picture:
Left Behind [4/4] 28d84bff8b4214f92fe91e4a34bfef6d
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:16 pm

[I'm going to stick to my Aspen char .. if that's ok with you guys .. But I'm ready to go whenever you guys are]
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 am

((I'm ready when everyone else is ... I can add another character if it is needed.. Ask Daughter or Cherry I am good at doing multiples Smile ))
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:05 am

(She is very much so good at it.)
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 am

[Fantastic at it .. it might cut down the 5 paragraphs for one char .. bahahaha! Wink I'm good at it too, but don't want to get confused between my 50 chars on the go lol]
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:40 pm

(Thank you everyone sorry it has taken me a while to respond but now we shall start! Oh and FYI either your character is at the camp with everyone or can be off on their own and is about to meet with this camp your choice)

Clair sat at up in a tree above the camp they had sat up for the time being. She preferred to be far from the ground when she cleaned and dealt with her weapons. She sharped her blade and cleaned her gun all the while her mind was lost in thought over the past year. Lana looked around through the small bit of coverage they had in the trees. No sign of walkers from what she could see which was good. 

Jason Swift roamed the small bit of woods him and some other had taken coverage for the time being. He held one of his pistols in hand as he walked around. He rarely stayed around anyone for long amounts of time he didn't want to go through what he did with his fiance and son.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:39 pm

Chase was walking through the forest near his house... Chase just wanted to disappear ... he wanted to never go back there ... his family was gone, they were nowhere to be found and he feared the ultimate worst for them ... He didn't want to think about his family though ... he just wanted to know if there were other humans out there that were still alive, there was no way that he believed that he was the last person left on this Earth .. that just couldn't be possible ad he had his shotgun with him with tons and tons of ammo. He just couldn't trust just anybody right now. He really could not take that chance. Jace has been out here on his own for what seemed like a year now, probably has been a year. He hasn't really had anyway of keeping track but it was horrible. He hoped that he had come interactions with some other humans soon. He was getting lonely and not in the means of anything sexual or anything, he just missed talking and communicating with people.
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:45 am

I woke up screaming his name. 

"Dani!"

I'd had another nightmare about him. My brother. It had been a week since my brother had been gone. Tears trickled down my face. I hadn't even had time to give him a place to rest in peace. 

I used my sleeve to soak up the tears on my face. I looked down. There was no one around. I untied the rope around my thighs. It was time to get down from the tree I had camped out in. So I knew I would be safe. 

When I was down I started to head for the camp that was suppose to be nearby. It had taken me a month to get where I am. And hopefully I would get there today before the sun went down.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:43 am

I sat on the floor of my house writing in my journal

Day 365
I know exactly what day it is today, at least I think I do. The days started running together for a long time, but its been a year. Its been a year since the outbreak that destroyed all the good that surrounded my family a short time ago. My parents, brother, sister, the kids we took in; everyone is gone now. it's just me now. Sometimes I think about stopping the fight early, I don't want to end up like the people who died because of this. I don't want to end up a walker.
-Aspen

I threw my journal across my floor and it hit the wall. For *&@! sakes! I whispered. It had been 25 days since the last walker came this way. They couldn't swim, and I was right beside a river. It was a good place to be positioned. If that bang attracts them here I have no idea what I'll do. The thought of one of them being a part of my family brought tears to my eyes. This isn't the life I dreamed of having. I'm 21 years old! I should be out with my friends making the worst decisions of my life right now. Not trying to decide whether to end my fight or just sit here and wait for the day where my fight is ended for me. 
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:49 am

Chase looked up and looked all around. He was starting to get sick of not meeting up with anybody. Of not being around anybody. Chase shook his head to clear his mind. It was better than be surrounded by the undead, it was better than being attacked by people who thought he was crazy. It was better than running from people who were trying to take his life.

Chase hoped that he would come and meet up with someone, with anyone soon. Who was human .. who was going to help him. Maybe be as asset and maybe they could travel together, maybe he would find a lost soul that wanted to be found just as much as he did ..

Maybe, Maybe, Maybe ...
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daughter of Nyx Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 am

I went out onto the porch and looked for any sign of walkers, any sign of life, and sign of anything. And of course; there was nothing. I went back inside, leaving my door open as always and grabbed a towel, sun tan lotion, a copy of PC Cast's Hunted, and my iPod. I went back outside and laid everything out for myself and began to listen to my music (obviously with only one headphone), read my book and tan away. Seemed to be the best pass times these days.
Daughter of Nyx
Daughter of Nyx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:41 am

Claire let out a sigh as she stuck her gun back in holster same with her sword. She looked around down below before she jumped down..no one in sight. Jason must have wandered off once more. She was starting to get frustrated with this he was the only person she had found in months and he just kept wondering off in the early morning. Claire muttered to herself in frustration as she started to eat herself an old can of green beans for the day.

Jason wondered the forest he had no idea why he really was out here..Maybe it was because he didn't want to be near people or get to close. Jason stopped and leaned against a tree as he looked around he knew he should head back to the camp but he had no need to just yet. Jason pulled a chain from under his shirt which held a pair of wedding rings he couldn't help but smile softly as he remembered the past, but all too quickly came the pain of loss.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 pm

As I walked so far I had seen no walkers. Maybe it was just too early in the morning? Who knew. Walkers were unpredictable. And if you didn't move fast enough you weren't going to be human for much longer.

When the sun was in the middle of the sky I knew it was noon. I stopped in a clear area. So I could rest for a bit and eat. To help keep my energy up so I could get to that camp today. I so badly missed sleep in a bed of some sort. Because every night I made myself climb up a tree and then use some rope to tie my legs to it. So I wouldn't fall off in the middle of the night. As my mother would have said "Safety first, Darling.".

I shook my head and took my pack off of my bed. I took out a hunk of bread I had baked on my own. Then I took out a can of sweet corn. It wasn't much but it would give me my energy back. And I had a couple bottles of spring water in my pack left. So I took one out. 

I grabbed the can opener from my bag and opened the can of corn. I put it up to my mouth and let corn fill up my mouth. It tasted pretty damn good for can food. 

When the corn was gone I took a long pull of water. Then I started on the bread. It was the last of it and I needed to eat it before it started getting moldy. 

But a few bites in I heard something move. I looked around and thats when I saw it. A walker by itself. 

Crap., I thought. The bread dropped from my hand onto the ground. I needed to kill it and start running.

I stood up and took my two long daggers out of their sheath. It was time to put this persons body to rest. 
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Claire sat there and ate her food as she thought to herself. She wandered if there would ever be a cure  to this "Disease" that made the dead rise once more. Soon enough the can of green beans were empty she sat the can down and pulled out a bottle of water and took a nice swig of the water.

Jason let out a sigh and place the chain necklace back under his shirt pushing away the memories of his loves ones. He needed to concentrate and not be caught off guard. He rubbed his face a bit roughly not wanting to really move anymore but just to stay there and end it all.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:47 pm

I started running at the walker. Its back to was to me. When I was behind it I stabbed it in the heart and the brain. When I was sure it was dead I walked away. But kept my daggers out. My pack and everything I had taken out, minus the bread, was back in it. I started to run. 

Where was that damn camp?
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:46 pm

((sorry guys I forgot I had 2 charas I will post as Trinity now ))

Trinity was all over the place. She just couldn't take it anymore. I needed, I had to have human contact. Seeing walkers everywhere and killing every single one, I just needed to talk to someone. I need to hear someone's voice. Trinity just kept running and running and running... Trinity seen a guy by a tree, and she started yelling at him. 

((Fiction to you character))

"Hey you! Hey! Can you hear me?"
Trinity screamed as she kept running towards him, there was a huge horde of zombies behind her, and she knew she couldn't fight them all on her own. Oh she hoped that that man had heard her. She hoped she wan't just seeing things, and that he really was there.

Chase decided to climb up a tree and take a little rest. He was tired of walking and just needed to catch up on some Z's
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:55 pm

Jason stopped rubbing his face when he heard shouting he dropped his hands and saw some girl running. Jason cursed under his breath seeing the horde behind her. He pulled out one of his pistols quickly as he pulled his backpack back on. and made his way towards her he had to shoot a few walkers by the time he made it to her, "It might help if you stop screaming.." Jason spoke to her as he counted the walkers behind her. Ten that was all he could see for all he knew there was another twenty. "Follow me, don't shout and move quickly. Jason then started to headed slightly away from the camp not wanting them to overrun it. He knew his way back so he wasn't to distraught about getting lost.

Claire was pulled from out of her thoughts when she had heard an echoed shout. "Damn.." she cursed to herself she quickly climbed into a tree and sat up there as he looked around from where she was trying to find out where the shout had come from.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next