Night Owl Cafe
Sign in for your full experience!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Night Owl Cafe
Sign in for your full experience!
Night Owl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Escape from Clockwork [4/4]

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Empty Escape from Clockwork [4/4]

Post by Fiction Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:56 pm

A world in which magic and Steampunk collide. Wizardry is a common art, and, although not many possess the gift, the ones that do don’t have much power at all. They can cast a few illumination spells or cause a spark at their fingertips, but that’s it. A few children, however, are particularly gifted, and the tyrannical government has gotten wind of them. In order to escape the grasp of the assassins dispatched to wipe them out, the kids must scramble across a Steampunk, post-apocalyptic world in search for freedom, liberty, and justice.

Era:
Victorian steampunk

People needed:
One to two more characters the posses the true magic

If any question or concerns PM me and I'll be happy to help!

Character Sheet::
Name::
Bio:
Appearance:

Name::Lana Anna Galvin
Personality: strong-willed/temperamental/protective/trust issues/cruel
Bio:: Lana comes from a rather rich family, her father a scientist and her mother an aristocrat. Lana was always and still is a rebel and one of the few people to have true power none of that I can make a light glow stuff. She has an older brother whom is the military.
Appearance::
Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Steampunk_girl_by_lagueuse-d5nq0ee

Last edited by Fiction on Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fiction
Fiction

http://pastthemoonbeyondthe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Empty Re: Escape from Clockwork [4/4]

Post by CherryBlossom Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Name: Lilah Rose Campbell
Personality: Shy/Kind/Doesn't trust easily/ and very smart.
Bio: Lilah's parents were professors at the local college who studied plants. And how they could be used in the medical field. And because that she saw them study the plants she grew to love growing plants. And finding out she had true magic just made it more exciting. Because she could add more color and life to the plants. But then one day she woke up to her parents being gone. The house ransacked. Her Aunt and Uncle showed up to take her in. Seeing as they had no children they treat her like their own. She grew up happy and safe. And in secret using her magic on her Aunt's plants. She never had a green thumb. And seeing the plants lively always made her Aunt happy. Then when she turned 18, with help from her Aunt, she opened a flower shop. She just wanted to be around plants. Not college and its troubles.
Appearance:Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Tumblr_mc3rjglTOr1rtgrcko5_1280
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:04 am

Let me know if I need to change anything.

Name: Kurt Kunze
Personality: Playful, Organized, Efficient
Bio: On the surface, Kurt is a fun, down-to-earth man with a rapier wit. He's currently studying for his Second Class Education Permit, which will allow him to teach Biology and Botany at the college level. At the moment, he teaches science classes at a local secondary school and is renting a flat above a flower shop, which he visits frequently.

However, this is all a cover for his true purpose. Kurt is really the infamous assassin known as Bishop, and this country is rife with clients. He's been in the city for two years already, and in that time has killed over fifty people by order of power-hungry aristocrats and desperate merchants.

His victims are found in tangled heaps, bones broken and bodies bent in horrific ways, leading some to believe that he is not only a mage, but a powerful telekinetic...

Appearance:
Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Claire.Stanfield.full.612192
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Name: Maude Belfry Walderne
Personality: Fun/ Loves life/ Can be serious/ Hard working.
Bio: She designs guns for a living. Her Mother and Father designed guns in their shop in her home town. But now she was far from home and had her gun shop/ apartment flat above. Her parents gave her a nest egg to live off of until she was really raking in the cash. And she knew she would at some point. She had a secret. She had real magic. And had used it in secret to improve on the design on her toy guns. She sold toy guns. Real ones made her uncomfortable. Her shop was two shops down from a flower shop. Which she went into sometimes. She loved the smell of fresh flowers.
Appearance:Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  8e9e90b3ef17f7e58bbbb826a5219ddc
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:08 pm

(Thanks!)

Possessing the true power of magic was gift. Most people had some magic they could power a light bulb without steam or they could have bits of sparks shoot from their fingers but the real magic was what Lana could do. Lana lived with her parents in a rather luxurious home with everything she ever needed but it wasn't enough. The only thing that had ever kept her sane was the magic she possessed, she would do so much with just the flick of her finger and few words and everything would be wonderful.

Lana dried her hair off as she stepped into her room from the bathroom and let out a small sigh. It didn't take her long to get dressed it was an everyday ritual. Bra,undies,shirt,pants,vest,boots,gloves, and her gun. Ever since she realized the amount of power she had she always carried a gun. Lana looked out of her bedroom window to see the floating city of clockwork..yes floating all powered by steam. She opened her window to let fresh air in, she had a nice neighbor hood, their was a park, a small plant shop, small stores and few other house. Lana shut her window and headed outside before he parents could stop her.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:09 pm

(Lilah= red Maude= blue)

I opened my eyes. I was in the office of my shop again. I sighed. I really needed to stop falling asleep in my office while doing paper work. But I was also the only one who ran my shop. Maybe I should put out an ad for some help. But I also didn't really have the money to hire someone. I sighed again.

I got up and went to the closet of my office. I changed into a different dress. My black one with the red rose on it. Then I started my normal routine to open the shop.

My steam alarm clock went off. Ugh. A new day., I thought.

I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower, dried off, blow dried my hair, and then put on my make-up. With my towel wrapped around me I went to my closet. I picked out my favorite black skirt and blouse. I also picked out a pair of black leggings and socks.

After I was dressed I went to the kitchen. I ate some fruit before going downstairs. I started to open up the shop. In awhile I would go get some flowers.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:24 am

I finished my lesson plan for the day just as I heard Lilah opening the shop downstairs. Seven o'clock on the dot, as usual. That girl had an oddly accurate internal clock, just like me.

I took a bite of my bagel, and noticed that there was still a speck of blood on my hand. Apparently I hadn't been careful enough when I'd killed Count DuCouteau last night.

I reached for my pen, holding it slightly above the bloodspot. A single drip of ink fell from it and covered it.

"Better," I said to myself, as I packed my supplies into my briefcase.
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:41 pm

Lana stood outside her home the sun pounding on her face.Man did she love the warmth it left her with.Lana smiled softly to herself as she enjoyed this moment before she started down the street not sure as to what she had planned for the day.

Lana whistled to herself as she looked around at all the shops and came to a stop at a gun shop,"Hmm I've been wanting a new one for a while.." she mumbled to herself as she headed into the store.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:51 pm

When all of the flowers were lively again and had different colors I was happy. I went over to the door and flipped the sign. So people would know I was open. Then I went to my table near the cash register and sat down. I picked out a bowl and started to make a flower arrangement.

It didn't take me long to clean up the shop a little before opening. I made sure the real guns were still locked up tight in the back. I went to the door and flipped the sign to open. Then went to my seat at my cash register. Waiting for someone to walk in and buy a toy or real gun.

A few moment later a young woman walked into the store. I watched as she looked around.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:53 am

I crept down the stairs to the shop below, though I made sure to make more noise than I usually would. Normal people didn't react well when I sneaked up on them, and I often did that unintentionally.

"Good morning," I said as my foot touched the floor of the shop. I glanced over at Lilah, who was arranging flowers in a bowl. "Add some carnations."

Last edited by Endrak on Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:44 am

I looked up when I heard a male voice. And it was one that I knew well. It was Kurt Kunze. One of the Professors at the local college.

I smiled at him. "Good Morning, Professor Kunze." I said. "You always know just want to add. No wonder you picked Botany."

I got up from my chair. "What can I do for you this morning?"
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:35 pm

"I'm afraid I'm not here to shop. I have to get to class. It would set a bad precedent if the professor was late to his own class," I said, hoping my smile wasn't too awkward.

I stood there for a moment, trying to decide whether or not to continue the conversation, before I decided against it.

"Have a good day, Lilah," I said, walking out the door.
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Lana looked around at the weapons a bit chocked on how these looked, "Do you make these your self?" she blurted out in curiosity. All these guns were different then any she had seen before.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm

"Yes. But if you want a real gun you have to come out back with me. All of the guns in the main part of the store are just different types of toy guns." I replied. 

"You too, Professor Kunze." I said as I watched him go. I went back to arranging my bowl of flowers for a client.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Once Lilah's shop was out of sight, I made a beeline for Maude's gun store. I needed to restock.

"Do you have any hollowpoint rounds," I asked without preamble. "I understand that you may not. They are, after all, quite rare."

I raised my eyebrow as I noticed she had a customer. That was rare this early in the morning, and it was a woman no less.

"I apologize if I'm interrupting."
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:37 pm

I smiled at the guy. I left the woman to look at the guns I had in the case. 

"I sure do. I just need to see your ID and your permit to carry such bullets." I said to him.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:13 pm

Lara was about to respond to the female when a male had walked in and didn't hesitate in asking for what he wanted. Lara let out a sigh not letting her anger get the best of her as she continued to look at the guns in the case.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

I quickly supplied the relevant identification, under a false name of course. Kurtzwell Cuhns. It was close enough to my other alias that if Lilah and Maude spoke about me they would not notice a discrepancy. However, I was two different people as far as the government was concerned.

"I would like fifty of them, if you please, from Malcolm Spark's factory. Five boxes of ten." I placed several large bank notes on the counter.
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:44 pm

I looked over his ID and permit. They were legit. I opened the sliding glass and and took out 5 ten bullet boxes of MSF. I put them on top of the counter and took the bills. Handing him his change. "Anything else for you today, Sir?" I asked.

Out of the corner of my eye I tried to see if the girl had seen anything she liked yet. But It seemed like that was not the case.
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:08 pm

(@ Mrs.KreszentiaBlack, Yes you may join if you wish. You may join as either one with the rue power of magic or another assassin.)

After a moment once Lara was able to calm her temper she walked over to the counter were the man and young women stood and smiled pulling out her gun, "Do you happen to have any like this one?" She asked softly quickly glancing at the taller gentlemen. Something about that guy had made her feel weird from the start.
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 pm

((As Admin I am going to clean up some of the talking between posts since this RP has already been started, just so that when people read it or are looking through it they don't have so much talking to read through Very Happy ))

Name: Carter Jenson
Personality: Strong-willed/passionate/ will fight for his family and friends/ very protective/ can be cruel at times/A leader not a follower/loud/strong
Bio: Carter comes from a very rich and outstanding family.  His mother is a very higher up scientist for the government and is usually never at home, but whatever brings in the money right? Carter wishes that he would see more of his mother, but it is what it is, he has gotten pretty used to having to look after himself. Carter's father died when Carter was 10 years old. The factory that he was working in exploded. Carter has then learned that if anything was to happen to his mother that he would never forgive himself. His mother is the only family he has left and although she usually isn't around very much he would do anything for her. Carter is very protective of what little bit of friends he has. Carter can be a hardcore rebel when he wants to be, but he makes sure that none of it gets back to his mother as he doesn't need to add any stress to her that she already has. Carter is one of the few people that are left that has true power left. Carter is very smart (must be from his mom) for his ageand he is always being told he is going to go great places. But he doesn't want to follow in his mother's footsteps he wants to make the world a better and easier place to live in for people like him.
Carter has a pet robot spider ... it helps him get out of trouble, but sometimes it gets him into tons of trouble, but either way Carter makes sure that it is dealt with so his mom doesn't hear about it. Carter has a couple of different ways of magic, but most of it he just uses it to help himself and the people around him... (When I research it more, I will update the part about his magic Smile He will learn more about it as we go, he doesn't understand his power to its full extent yet ... I hope that is okay )) Carter's cousin Vertiline lives with them , and helps make the house feel less empty with his mother not there. Vertiline and him are together trying to make things better for the next steampunk generation.
Pic:Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  11110

Pet: Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  Steamp10

Name: Professor Vertiline Hutton Doonahan II
Personality: Strong/high headed/ very loud and outgoing/has some trust issues with men/ loving, caring and protective over her family and friends/
Bio: Vertiline came to live with her aunt and her cousin when her uncle died. It was a very sad day for sure. Everyone knew him and everyone missed him. Vertiline moved in to help Carter as much as she could and found scientific self helping Carter do what Carter always did, to try and make this place better for everyone. Vertiline worked for the government but wasn't as high up as her aunt, but she hoped to be some day. She has no magical powers, but she helps out in more ways than anyone knows to be possible. Has a pet rabbit  and surprisingly it gets along greatly with her cousin's pet spider.
(will update her bio more as the story goes)
Pic:
Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  6-mind10

Pet: Escape from Clockwork [4/4]  14efb110
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Carter was in his study downstairs in the basement of their extremely huge mansion. Unless Carter was out and about collecting things or visiting with his friends from the same group as him, he spent most of his days down here. Carter knew though that tonight his cousin was coming home from work early and she had some new news and updates for him, that would help him very much. Carter was excited about this especially when it was to help with his magic.

Vertiline was working a little bit later at work, but she promised Carter that she would be home as soon as she could be. Just 5 more minutes to finish typing up this paper and then she would be home. Vertiline had some great new and exciting news for Carter. She knew that he would be super excited about it, she just couldn't get home soon enough to tell him about it.
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Endrak Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:05 am

I graciously accepted the ammunition. "No, thank you. that will be all. Good day, Maude." I bowed slightly, then turned to the other customer and did the same. "Good day, madam." I avoided further eye contact with her as I left the store. I'd caught her looking at me. While it was true my entrance was a bit abrupt, she seemed a little too suspicious of me. Perhaps I would ask Maude about her later.
Endrak
Endrak

Back to top Go down

Post by CherryBlossom Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 am

I smiled at him before he turned to leave. He was always so polite when he came into the shop. I turned my attention back to the woman. 

"Hmm..Not at hand. But if you gave me a couple days I could custom make one like it." I said to her. "It'll cost a bit more. But my guns I custom make last forever. And should their be any problems just bring it back and I'll fix it right up."
CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Back to top Go down

Post by Fiction Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:20 pm

((Thanks they are perfect!)

Lara Watched the guy leave after he had bowed. She pushed away the thoughts of suspicion away she looked back at the shop owner and smiled, "Yes that would be lovely and I would like to buy one of your guns as well by your recommendation.."
Fiction
Fiction

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum